Thursday, June 28, 2007

Nostalgia as sounding board


Dear Jazz,

Men accumulate more ignorance than they can assimilate and people are bundled of prejudices wrapped in misinformation and tied together with rubber bands of mistakes. (Louis Ginsberg)

So who ever said I'm no longer cynical? All this time I've been preaching radical positivism, but when push comes to shove, I'm as neurotic a person as they come. Only death as surcease from paradox can fully heal me of this affliction by the modern man. God, the world is full of dreary fools. Unfortunately, I'm one of them. Of course, you' agree with me when I say that most people are candidates for self-restraint. It's like a wounded animal convention everytime two people decide to be in one place together.

Sometimes, I'm such a nutcase, I can't even begin to keep up.

Now, I'm sure you're asking yourself where the beef is. Either that or you've given up on this odious letter at the first sentence. Well, perhaps I've become sick unto death of talking about myself, or I've lost the ability to hide my own boredom, or this is simply a high blood pressure anger attack. It's frustration, mostly, at the humungous amount of ignorance that still persists in our society up to this day. Exegetes: did you know that there's an abundance of so-called "bisexuals" in Gumaca? When I asked pointblank one particular proclaimer how many times within the last 12 months he has had intimate relations with a woman, the answer is zero. How many men? Well, let's just say definitely more than 1. Still, he insists he is bisexual since gays here are still thought of as limp-wristed, beauty-parlor inhabitants. It's so damn incomprehensible! My eyes are shrink-wrapped in tears over this arteriosclerosis of views in a supposedly post-modern culture, I'm just about ready to strangle myself.

Too bad...he could have been a really viable prospect. I told you it was frustration.

More anon. With love always.

No comments: